Top Ten best things in life:
10. Dark Chocolate. Whether solid like a bar, molten in a cup, gooey like pudding, or moist like cake, it's awesome.
9. Books. Romance in particular, but all sorts of books. They'll save our culture from the tyrants, I'm telling you. First Amendment in physical form.
8. Coffee - the life's blood of authors and writers everywhere.
7. Honesty and Integrity - which go together hand-in-hand. You can't have integrity if you're not honest, and you're not honest if you don't pair it with integrity.
6. Love - for yourself, for others, for beings you can't readily converse with, for the world at large. This place is pretty sucky without love.
5. Sex - yep, I went there. Sex with the right partner, which includes yourself, is one of the best things in life.
4. A safe place to live. Having that sanctuary where you can be yourself, let your guard down, relax and breathe is not only one of the best things, but also one of the most important.
3. Cat (or dog). Critters to take care of you when you need a non-judgmental friend. My cat has kept me sane when the world has collapsed around me.
2. Family - and I'm not talking about the one you're born into. I'm talking about the family you've gathered throughout your life. Those who stand by you and back your play when you need them to.
1. Partner(s) - that one person (or people) who know you best, have your best interests at heart, support your dreams, help pick you up when you fall, and let you do the same for them.
There you have it. My top ten list. What are your top ten best things in life? Check out the other authors have similar lists below: