- Sheilagh Lee | @SweetSheil
- Eric Martell | @drmagoo
- Steve Lodge | @steveweave71
- Siobhan Muir | @SiobhanMuir
- Bill Engleson | @billmelaterplea
- Tina Glasneck | @TinaGlasneck
- Silver James | @SilverJames_
- Kelly Heinen | @Aightball
- Cate Derham | @Cate_Derham
- David A. Ludwig | @DavidALudwig
- Torn MacAlester | @Torn_MacAlester
Siobhan Muir | @SiobhanMuir
- The story was very well written
- I loved the characters and how they were developed in such a small number of words
- The struggle in Trip’s mind was palpable
- I wanted to continue reading at the end
Eric Martell | @drmagoo
- I liked the excitement that was building as the story progressed
- A very creative use of the prompt
- The anticipation of it all
- I’d love to read more
Bill Engleson | @billmelaterplea
- Such interesting images in the first paragraph
- Probably the most creative use of the prompt
- The story draws you in, makes you wonder what will happen overnight.
- I assume a typo in second paragraph? Wood store vs. wood stove?
Silver James | @SilverJames_
- I loved the juxtaposition of the bratty children with the serious abduction/ransom situation
- Good dramatic tension over the teacher’s situation
- I definitely wanted to read more upon reaching the end.
- The prompt was integrated with the story in a clever way
- I liked the story.
“This trip totally sucks, Ms. Peterson. I’d better get an A for this.” Regina leaned against Brandon and looked every bit the spoiled debutante.
The metal door at the end of the hallway slammed open. Even Brandon lost his swagger as two of the cartel members appeared in front of their cell.
“El jefe wants you,” the guy she’d nicknamed Toothless drawled.
The other man grabbed and held her while Toothless ran his hands over her whole body, leering the entire time. “Gotta make sure you don’t got no weapons.”
Managing to control her reactions, Dana didn’t fight as she was led away, resolved to find some way to kill these men if they touched either of the girls. They led her from the basement dungeon into sunlight. The head of the cartel lounged next to his pool.
“Good news, Señorita. When the ransom arrives, your students will be free to go.” Relief washed over her. “Too bad there is no money for you.”
She was going to die.
Congratulations TWENTY-FIVE TIME WINNER Silver, Eric, and Bill! Don't forget to claim your badges and display them with pride. You certainly earned it!
Pass on the great news on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, shiny mirrors, Morse Code, and signal flags. Check out all the original tales HERE. Thanks for stopping by and happy reading! :)