#NaNoWriMo is upon us and that means we must get word count each day to make at least 50K for the month. So I'll be offering prizes each #ThursThreads for the month of November (with the exception of Thanksgiving). This week I'm offering the Winner a travel coffee mug to keep you going when the writing gets tough, and calendar magnets to the Honorable Mentions so y'all can keep yourself on track.
Here's how it works:
- The prompt is a line from the previous week's winning tale.
- The prompt can appear ANYWHERE in your story and is included in your word count.
- The prompt must be used as is. It can be split, but no intervening words can be inserted or tenses changed.
Rules to the Game:
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge, which means your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 250.
- The story must be new writing, not a snippet from something published elsewhere with the prompt added.
- Incorporate the prompt anywhere into your story (included in your word count).
- Post your story in the comments section of this post
- Include your word count in the post (or be excluded from judging)
- Include your Twitter handle or email in the post (so we don’t have to look for you)
- The challenge is open 7 AM to 8 PM Mountain Time
- The winner will be announced on Friday, depending on how early the judge gets up.
How it benefits you:
- You get a nifty cool badge to display on your blog or site (because we're all about promotion - you know you are!)
- You get instant recognition of your writing prowess on this blog!
- Your writing colleagues shall announce and proclaim your greatness on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, etc.
Our Judge for Week 337:
Scottish Word Slinger, Dauntless romance author, and #ThursThreads host, Siobhan Muir.
Siobhan on Facebook
Siobhan on Twitter
Siobhan on Goodreads
Siobhan on Google Plus
And now your #ThursThreads Challenge, tying tales together.
“There's just one.”
All stories written herein are the property (both intellectual and physical) of the authors. Now, away with you, Flash Fiction Fanatics, and show us your #ThursThreads. Good luck!