But, it's Thursday and that means it’s time to do our flash thing! This is Week 208 of #ThursThreads, the challenge that ties tales together. Want to keep up each week? Check out the #ThursThreads #flashfiction group on Facebook.
Need the rules? Read on.
Here's how it works:
- The prompt is a line from the previous week's winning tale.
- The prompt can appear ANYWHERE in your story and is included in your word count.
- The prompt must be used as is. It can be split, but no intervening words can be inserted or tenses changed.
Rules to the Game:
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge, which means your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 250.
- The story must be new writing, not a snippet from something published elsewhere with the prompt added.
- Incorporate the prompt anywhere into your story (included in your word count).
- Post your story in the comments section of this post
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging)
- Include your Twitter handle or email (so we know how to find you)
- The challenge is open 7 AM to 8 PM Mountain Time
- The winner will be announced on Friday, depending on how early the judge gets up.
How it benefits you:
- You get a nifty cool badge to display on your blog or site (because we're all about promotion - you know you are!)
- You get instant recognition of your writing prowess on this blog!
- Your writing colleagues shall announce and proclaim your greatness on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, etc.
Our Judge for Week 208:
Jewelry maker, everyday witch, and paranormal romance author, Deborah Blake.
Deborah on Facebook
Deborah on Twitter
Deborah on Goodreads
And now your #ThursThreads Challenge, tying tales together.
"We’ve stalked each other for hours."
Because this is a special event, there are prizes being offered by not only previous winners, but the judge and the host.
Silver James is offering an ecopy of Moonstruck: Lies
Katheryn J. Avila is offering ecopies of Reckoning (The Breach Trilogy #1)
Anne F. Odom is offering a $10 Amazon Gift Card.