I was banned from Facebook for 30 days for A LINK. That's right. It wasn't an inappropriate image, hate speech, violence, or overly political post. It was a LINK.
To Pinterest. Not a porn site, or a known spam link. PINTEREST.
So a link to Pinterest, for which Facebook chooses the image in the preview, got me banned for 30 days. As of today, I only have 24 days to go.
And tomorrow I have a New Release: DELI'S TAKE OUT. Go HERE to find out more.
Where did I post this so offensive link? In a private, adult-only group where no children could be harmed from the information. I also posted it on my business page where you must be 18 years or older to see it. So again, no children were harmed in the offering of information.
Here's the thing that really pisses me off: men post mostly naked women, PUBLICLY on their Profile pages, and that's okay. Men post mostly naked men on their business pages and private groups and it's fine. Women do this and we're banned for "violating the community standards." Apparently, those standards only apply to people who like mostly-naked men. I'M NOT A FUCKING SECOND-CLASS CITIZEN.
So I'm leaving Facebook. I'll leave my page and private group up there and my PA can post in it. But I won't be visiting again. I don't want to lose my friends there and I hate that they've made me walk away, but below is a list of places on social media where you can find me because Facebook is too full of sexism, misogyny and double standards for me to stay.
- Website: https://www.siobhanmuir.com
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103103994291883974643
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/SiobhanMuir
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/siobhanmuir
- Newsletter: https://eepurl.com/DjNBv
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/siobhan_muir/
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5760938.Siobhan_Muir
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/siobhan-muir
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh-gFahHl4kkUocaRV8IeTQ
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Siobhan-Muir/e/B007CRB2F6/
- Ko-Fi.com: https://ko-fi.com/K3K7CBUM
- Tumblr: http://tatsnteddys.tumblr.com/
There's a group of us who do these posts and you can find the others below: